News Sam Altman-backed AI processor venture hires ex-Apple engineer to lead hardware development

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
Ugh, just goes to show it's worth spending a little time & money to get a professional "head shot" for your Linked-in photo. I'd feel bad for him if he weren't presumably quite wealthy from having such a senior position at Apple for that amount of time.

I'd sure hate it if my work ID badge photos were posted at the top of a news story. It's already not a great feeling when someone just asks to see your ID or drivers license.

The article said:
Before Apple, J-D Allegrucci worked at Vivante and ATI Technologies, both developers of graphics processing units.
Oh weird. I only heard of Vivante after it was under Chinese ownership. I had assumed that it was always Chinese.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechyIT223

TechyIT223

Prominent
Jun 30, 2023
Ugh, just goes to show it's worth spending a little time & money to get a professional "head shot" for your Linked-in photo. I'd feel bad for him if he weren't presumably quite wealthy from having such a senior position at Apple for that amount of time.

I'd sure hate it if my work ID badge photos were posted at the top of a news story. It's already not a great feeling when someone just asks to see your ID or drivers license.

100% this!