Question SAMA ARMOR 650W 80PLUS GOLD thoughts?

nddz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
Was wondering anyone has info as to wether this is a good PSU for midrange build or has information about this products performance ?

mangaman

Honorable
Well if that's a 80+ gold rated then

it could be a good fit for your mid range build

80+ gold rated actually shows the accuracy of savings electricity or less power consumption technology

80+ gold rated psu's are far better than 70% of the psu's in the market

i have used a 80+ gold rated antec psu for 7 years without any issue

Yes, 80+ gold does show the efficiency of a PSU. However 80+ is not a quality standard. A good 80+ Bronze PSU will last much longer and be a much better quality PSU, then a cheaply made 80+ gold PSU.

It's best to go with a peer reviewed PSU and well known PSU brands.

Budget, and country?

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, 80+ gold does show the efficiency of a PSU. However 80+ is not a quality standard. A good 80+ Bronze PSU will last much longer and be a much better quality PSU, then a cheaply made 80+ gold PSU.

It's best to go with a peer reviewed PSU and well known PSU brands.

Budget, and country?

I had some bad experience with well known PSU's

like corsair and antec

both were 80+ gold
costing more than 100$ each

in my opinion

New technology or new models of psu's should be considered these days ( loaded with better capasitors )

never go for old models

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I had some bad experience with well known PSU's

like corsair and antec

both were 80+ gold
costing more than 100$ each
Nearly every brand makes good and bad models. Hence the suggestion to look for units that have been reviewed.

As said, 80+ ratings aren't indications of quality. Assuming the rating on the box is even legitimate. That's one area where I would inherently trust well known brands more than unknown ones; I don't think they'd risk their reputation by lying about 80+ ratings.

Well if that's a 80+ gold rated then
it could be a good fit for your mid range build
80+ gold rated actually shows the accuracy of savings electricity or less power consumption technology
80+ gold rated psu's are far better than 70% of the psu's in the market
i have used a 80+ gold rated antec psu for 7 years without any issue
Incorrect. 80+ gold shows how efficient the PSU is. Efficency is not the same as quality.

I cannot find any proper review of this unit.

This "review" does not include pretty much any of the testing i would like to see, but does show insides. https://www.mygarage.ro/teste-si-re...a-inter-tech-sama-armor-550w-80plus-gold.html

Unless i can see a proper review, a not well known PSU with a 1 year warranty is never going to get my recommendation.

The forums over at jonny guru seem to agree with me. http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/sho...50-750W-spotted-on-Newegg&p=134375#post134375

As for the OP, what country are you in and what is your budget?
What are your actual specs?