My current setup is:
  • GPU: 3060ti
  • CPU: i7-8700k
  • RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 8x4
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming S1151
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM750x, 750W PSU
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2
  • I have a 1440p screen as well so I play the games in 1440p
So the problem is that I get the same fps in games no matter what resolution I pick or settings I pick. This is also combined with low GPU usage and low CPU usage. when I increase the res I get more GPU usage but only enough to get the same fps as in the lower resolutions and vice versa.
This is extremely frustrating and ruins the gameplay experience in a majority of games since I have spent all this money only to not use all the power of my computer when I play games.

I have tried setting power mode in bios, in windows 10, I have increased the Mhz of my ram, turned on XMP, moved all games to an SSD, verify integrity,

I was thinking it could be the CPU that is just not working great with the new graphics card or something like that but I don't know. I have seen so many people have this issue and no one have a solid solution for it, please help.

Solution
Some games are like that, what games have you tried where you noticed that you get the same FPS?

No mans sky Im pretty sure is pretty limited buy CPU if im not mistaken, I know Battlefield 2042 resolution doesn't seem to change performance much if at all at least from 1080p to 1440p there was no change for me.
Some games are like that, what games have you tried where you noticed that you get the same FPS?

No mans sky Im pretty sure is pretty limited buy CPU if im not mistaken, I know Battlefield 2042 resolution doesn't seem to change performance much if at all at least from 1080p to 1440p there was no change for me.

Solution
Jan 27, 2022

Yeah I think it might be the CPU because it is in all the games that are CPU heavy, it happens in no man's sky, rust, and Escape from tarkov.