Question Same FPS on ultra or low

wolfhors3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2020
OK apparently I'm missing something. This mainly relates to No Man's Sky because other games might not be doing this because they run 80 or 90 fps so I haven't really looked. MY fps os almost exactly the same whether i set everything to ultra or low. It used to run NMS at 140 FPS a few updates ago but it seems to get lower with each update. I have a ryzen 7 a800x cpu, a geforce 1080 drivers are updated, 32 gigs ram. the Task manager never shows the cpu oir the GPU over burdened, cpu under 15%, GPU isn't even breathing hard, Temps on cpu, gpu, MB all look fine. There is sometimes a quick spike in the "copy" box on task manager. I have no idea what the copy box means but the 3D is never more than half. So is there something I'm unaware of that's holding it back? I'm really stumped, 7D2D, GTA 5, FO4, Skyrim (lol), Conan and Empyrion all run like a champ 60-70-80 frames. I've been told both my system is too weak and that it blows away needs all those games. Either way it seems that from Low settings to ultra there should be a noticeable difference. When I let Nvidia optimize the game it sets everything on ultra. I dunno.
Help anyone? yes I've restarted and rebooted and shut down .

Lutfij

Titan
Try and use DDU to uninstall all your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after sourcing the latest from Nvidia's support site.

I have a ryzen 7 a800x cpu
?

Also, please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

wolfhors3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2020
Try and use DDU to uninstall all your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after sourcing the latest from Nvidia's support site.

I have a ryzen 7 a800x cpu
?

Also, please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Sorry 1800x not a800 lol,

CPU: amd ryzen 7 1800x Eight-Core Processor 3.85 GHz
Motherboard: ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING (AM4)
Ram: 32 gigs
SSD/HDD: both ssd/hdd OS and game is loaded on SSD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
PSU: don't know
Chassis: don't know