[SOLVED] same fps with a new gpu

Apr 8, 2022
so today i upgraded from a 2060 super to a 3070 ti but in warzone i still get the same fps as before. sometimes even worse than before.

specs:
3070 ti
5 3600
b450 f gaming
2x16gb vengeance pro @3600mhz

i see other people getting 200fps+ so i need help pls

Solution
Just trying to give my take because I was on the same boat.

Had the same CPU, 3600.
Upgraded from 2060 to 3070 ti and on warzone the frames were exactly the same.
I since upgraded to the 5600x and the framerate almost doubled at 1080p, and much stable frametimes and 1% lows, maybe that can be of some help.
My conclusion is that the 3600 is just not good enough to keep up with the 3070 ti.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Warzone - large arena type games similar to it - are bound by cpu single core ability and ram(bandwidth+frequency+timings).

Did you test in advance that your cpu could handle a stronger gpu solution? Play your game(s), but drop the eye candy all the way down, and see how much it goes up - if at all.

Apr 8, 2022
Warzone - large arena type games similar to it - are bound by cpu single core ability and ram(bandwidth+frequency+timings).

Did you test in advance that your cpu could handle a stronger gpu solution? Play your game(s), but drop the eye candy all the way down, and see how much it goes up - if at all.
doesnt do anything

Apr 8, 2022
Is the current gameplay not up to your expectations?
Ignore what you may see other people get.

Is it good for you?
i want atleast 144 fps minimum to match my monitor. i always see other people talk about optimization courses where u have to pay 140€+ and saying they gained like 40 + fps

warmongx

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020

Had the same CPU, 3600.
I since upgraded to the 5600x and the framerate almost doubled at 1080p, and much stable frametimes and 1% lows, maybe that can be of some help.
My conclusion is that the 3600 is just not good enough to keep up with the 3070 ti.

Solution
Apr 8, 2022

Had the same CPU, 3600.
ye ion have any money to upgrade rn

warmongx

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020
You can always try to OC the 3600 a bit if you have decent cooling.
In my experience performance was better with all core OC rather than PBO in workloads like warzone. Even a simple 4.2 all core performed better that stock with PBO. If you have a good chip you can try more, but be mindful of the voltage. I wouldn't go above 1.3 on zen2.
Though, PBO on zen3 is much better and I use that instead now.

And you can to try to OC the memory and thigthen timmings, warzone really likes fast ram.

Apr 8, 2022
You can always try to OC the 3600 a bit if you have decent cooling.
In my experience performance was better with all core OC rather than PBO in workloads like warzone. Even a simple 4.2 all core performed better that stock with PBO. If you have a good chip you can try more, but be mindful of the voltage. I wouldn't go above 1.3 on zen2.
Though, PBO on zen3 is much better and I use that instead now.

And you can to try to OC the memory and thigthen timmings, warzone really likes fast ram.
if u have a video to that i would appreciate it

warmongx

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020
If you search a bit you'll find other ppl configs but I can give you mine:

On bios override the vcore to 1.3v (If you have an option for AMD overclocking choose that, it will idle the voltages when the PC is idle) and input the frequency manually (4200 in this case).

Now you need to test if you are actually stable, run prime95 small fft's and see if you have errors. If it's all good keep decreasing the voltage and rinse and repeat until you find problems.

For reference, I had 4.2ghz at 1.24v for almost two years, but my chip was kinda bad, if you have the better binned 3600's you can usually achieve lower voltages at the same frequency.

It's pretty easy and will actually reduce temps because PBO it's pretty nuts with voltages on zen2 from my experience.