[SOLVED] Same headset listed in both Playback Devices as well as Recording Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexergo1

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
I have a wireless Bluetooth headset that I've been using for a while now, on my laptop, running Windows 10 1903.

It's listed in the sound control panel as, Bluetooth Headphones and Bluetooth Headset in Playback Devices.

In Recording Devices, it's listed as Bluetooth Headset(which is exactly the same as in playback).

The problem is that I can only use the headphones or the microphone one at a time. If I select Bluetooth Headphones as default device in Playback, it cannot record audio through the mic but only plays it in the earphones.

If I select Bluetooth Headset as default device in Recording Devices, the microphone can pick up and record audio but the earphones do not play any audio.

Is there any way to separate the Headphone and Microphone in the control panel??

Enabling one as default, disables the other right now.

Solution
Hello

Can you please try the following:

Go to Settings > System > Sound, and try selecting your preferred devices under the Output and Input sections.

Feel free to report back if the suggestion doesn't help, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!
Hello

Can you please try the following:

Go to Settings > System > Sound, and try selecting your preferred devices under the Output and Input sections.

Feel free to report back if the suggestion doesn't help, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.