[SOLVED] Same manufacturer or not?

spal23

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
So logical would dicatate to use the same manufacturer for all your components as is possible e.g. Asus motherboard, Asus GPU etc. Question is does that really make a difference or is it better to get the components with best feature and value proposition that you can find?

Solution
So logical would dicatate to use the same manufacturer for all your components as is possible e.g. Asus motherboard, Asus GPU etc. Question is does that really make a difference or is it better to get the components with best feature and value proposition that you can find?
It don't matter at all but I have no clue why people would buy all the overpriced Asus crap you can almost always get better quality for less money from other brands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me Asus makes a ton of money from it's gimmick software (on motherboards) like AI that sometimes needs to be uninstalled and their one time good name from like 8 years ago.

Just the letters ROG adds 100 bucks to the price for nothing it's like adding the word gaming.

I...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Even branded ASUS computers will use parts from other manufacturers, unless your build will be judged for a blue ribbon there is no reason you MUST stick to one manufacturer.
you would be hard pressed to find a maker who makes all the parts in a computer they sell.

get the best parts, price and features and reliability, from whatever maker they come from.

Reactions: spal23

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It don't matter at all but I have no clue why people would buy all the overpriced Asus crap you can almost always get better quality for less money from other brands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me Asus makes a ton of money from it's gimmick software (on motherboards) like AI that sometimes needs to be uninstalled and their one time good name from like 8 years ago.

Just the letters ROG adds 100 bucks to the price for nothing it's like adding the word gaming.

I buy a total of 0 products from Asus and if a customer request something from them I try to talk them out of it. This is usually fairly easy when I show them a better product for a lower price meaning lowering their price to performance or allowing more performance for the same price.

Last edited:
Reactions: spal23
Solution

The only benefit from using the same brand is when you get into RGB light controls and software to run things like keyboards and mice. You only need one if you use one brand, and don't need to deal with several RGB standards to try to match them. Or if you are into aesthetics and want your colors and designs and logos to match. For function it does not matter.

Last edited: