[SOLVED] Same motherboard, new drive for clean install of windows.

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
I am wanting to change a few things up in my PC. I am wanting a case that promotes more cooling as well as replacing my Toshiba Harddrive and something called a Sand disk or whatever to SSDs. I have an SSD currently with a few games installed on there. If I were to buy another SSD, plug only that new one in after rebuilding everything into the new case and perform a clean install of windows on it would that create any issues? I am not super experienced with stuff like this so my apologies if my wording for this question is confusing. Another one of my questions is that after that install of windows could I then hook up my SSD with games installed on it. For example I would reinstall Steam but then plug in an SSD with Steam games on it.

Solution
Steam games are easy.

You simply tell the new Steam client where these thing reside on the old drive, after you reconnet it after the fresh install on the new drive.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

USAFRet

Titan
Steam games are easy.

You simply tell the new Steam client where these thing reside on the old drive, after you reconnet it after the fresh install on the new drive.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

Solution

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
Steam games are easy.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

You're a legend my man thanks for the responses!