Question Same old classic Mouse, Keyboard and.... yup you got it but[Partially Solved]

Steady Grounds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Hello Once again ladies and gents... Happiness got me stumped 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️. So today I received a new Asus Rog RX5500xt to replace my old r9 280 that I have already uninstalled from my system and kept it running on built in graphic cards which gave me a break from gaming to start focusing on DIY videos on how to improve the life span of a PC , beside dos and don’ts while staying indoors. The other day I ran into a video about uninstalling old drivers by using DDU before installing any new GPU hardware and I was impressed. Fast forward to the present, I decided to run the DDU drivers uninstaller but I did the most stupid mistake ever and that’s.... I forgot to keep the left shift pressed on restart to get to the safe mode page and the PC kept booting for a minute(I mean it stayed booting). Grrrr, I did a hard restart and then...back to the title”Mouse, Keyboard, and monitor don’t work but the fans and motherboard are running.” From what I have read on forums that the CPU might got cooked or the Bios needs a restart. Now before I purchase a CPU, I want to know do I need to pull the Cmos and put it back in or the jumper method where I pick the jumper from pin 1-2 and plug it in 2-3 and return it back to 1-2 OR do both methods? Thank You for reading the post and Thank You 🙏🏿 😊

Lutfij

Titan
While the system is disconnected from the wall, did you try taking the CMOS battery out and replacing it after 30 minutes? You should be able to replace the battery and get some semblance of display. Or the worst case is that you reinstall the OS, from scratch - no, not kidding.

Reactions: Steady Grounds

Steady Grounds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
While the system is disconnected from the wall, did you try taking the CMOS battery out and replacing it after 30 minutes? You should be able to replace the battery and get some semblance of display. Or the worst case is that you reinstall the OS, from scratch - no, not kidding.
I tried the jumper pin 1-2 and plugged it in 2-3 for 10 seconds and pined it back. And surprise surprise , 2 down and 1 to go. In other words, the Mouse and Keyboard lit but the monitor didn’t. I do have the new GPU but I kept the HDMI plugged in the motherboard. As soon as I return to the crib, I will install the GPU, but first I will wait for more replies and solution. Thanks for the reply bro and stay blessed 😊🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

Steady Grounds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Oke Dokee. The problem is partially solved by flushing the bios and replacing the GPU in the PCI-Slot which is too close to the floor, and I am happy to get a display after hooking the monitor cable to the RX 5500XT HDMI panel but the only thing that is working on the card is the LED and the cable flash. Therefore, I have to post in graphic cards forums.