Same pc on multiple tv’s around the house

jvinsnes

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
I have my pc downstairs with a 4k 55’ tv. Upstairs i have another of the same tv sitting right over the tv thats downstairs. Sometimes i want to play upstairs, as its pretty cold downstairs. I thought a long hdmi cable would do, but i cant just drill a hole in floor and stuff it through. Also, buying a streaming device is not the best option, as i have capped bandwidth. What suggestions do you have??

Solution
There are lots of ways to extend video and keyboard/mouse, but all need some type of cable connection over more than short distances and they will all have some video lag. You will need to run some ethernet wiring and then you can use a KVM over ethernet connection. Not really a good setup for gaming unless you are plying things that are turn based and you are OK with some lag between inputs and video.

Streaming inside your network does not use up any bandwidth. So going from a computer to something like a Roku or a Chromecast device will only be visible inside your house.
There are lots of ways to extend video and keyboard/mouse, but all need some type of cable connection over more than short distances and they will all have some video lag. You will need to run some ethernet wiring and then you can use a KVM over ethernet connection. Not really a good setup for gaming unless you are plying things that are turn based and you are OK with some lag between inputs and video.

Streaming inside your network does not use up any bandwidth. So going from a computer to something like a Roku or a Chromecast device will only be visible inside your house.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS