Question Same specs as friend but lower fps

Sep 2, 2022
Hi im new to this and im really bad at computers, anyways me and my friend have almost the exact same specs and hes getting 30+ fps than me on games with the exact same settings as i am. I have a rtx super 2070 and an i7-9700k 3,60 gz and he has the same, we both have a 1440p monitor almost exactly the same. Terrible information i know but any help is extremely appreciated atleast maybe a direction to what could cause this even though i know it could be 100 different reasons.

4745454b

Titan
me and my friend have almost the exact same specs and hes getting 30+ fps than me on games with the exact same settings as i am. I have a rtx super 2070 and an i7-9700k 3,60 gz and he has the same, we both have a 1440p monitor almost exactly the same.

What's different? You guys both have the 9700K and the 2070? Same ram amount and speed? What is this 30FPS in terms of %? Are you getting 30FPS while he's getting 60? That's a very different answer than your getting 200FPS and he's getting 230FPS.

Hi im new to this and im really bad at computers, anyways me and my friend have almost the exact same specs and hes getting 30+ fps than me on games with the exact same settings as i am. I have a rtx super 2070 and an i7-9700k 3,60 gz and he has the same, we both have a 1440p monitor almost exactly the same. Terrible information i know but any help is extremely appreciated atleast maybe a direction to what could cause this even though i know it could be 100 different reasons.
Drivers and extra load (background processes) in windows can make all difference.

4745454b

Titan
The OP sent me a PM instead of a reply here, which I'll quote so people can still be in the loop.

Hi we are both playing a new game, call of the wild the angler both same settings hes getting 90-110 fps while im getting 50-56, he did have a i7 10700k but could that just be it then

I'm not familiar with Wild Angler. The 10700 might be better at single threaded tasks, but to explain your 4k vs 1080 difference it has to be more than that. Reread my post, you've got some digging to do.

Sep 2, 2022
He does have more ram speed than me 2666 mhz compared to 3222 mhz he did have dsr factors turned off and smothness 0 so i checked mine and it was set to dsr factors x4, i turned it off but 0 improvement i feel like that should be a big thing, nvidia 3d settings

Do you both have the same motherboard?
A Z motherboard is capable of overclocking the 9700K.
If one of you has overclocked, that could be the difference.
As a test, run the cpu-z bench and look at the single thread performance rating. You might get a number like 566:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/kn2lme/1
Many submitting results to passmark will have overclocked.
Overclocking might make a 25% difference in cpu capability.

DSzymborski

Titan
The information is a real problem here, there are unknowns and random bits of information just thrown everywhere. None of this is any kind of basis for diagnosing if there's a problem, let alone devising a possible solution.

If you want to use your friend's PC as an awkward benchmarking device rather than actual benchmarks (whether in a game or synthetic), then you need exact numbers for the results, verifying that every setting is identical, not "identical, but for this and that and maybe this other thing," and an exact complete rundown of your specs and your friend's specs.

I understand you want help, but we can not see or interact with your PC or your friend's PC, so we only know the information that you provide us.

Sep 2, 2022
Yes i understand that the information is very poor, im just really bad at computers etc bla bla bla so if u could explain what information i need to provide to get a better analysis please do tell me

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I went on into the bios and put xmp on and did a new one https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55053390
You went from 2 PC's that are alike to 2 completely PC's are you sure he even has the same video card.
How do you know he even has the same video card as you or is using the exact in game settings.

You can't really compare 2 different PC not knowing for sure if he has the same settings or is even telling the truth about his FPS.