[Same Specs (Custom vs Prebuilt) Are they the same?0 *disregard price please*

KevinJoung

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
If two computers have the same specs, but one is custom, the other prebuilt..
Will they perform the same? I know it seems stupid to ask, but I'm just curious.

Also is the Cyberpowerpc SCL 6000

Intel i7 4790k
GTX 970 4gb
16gb Ram
2 TB
128 SSD

Good?

Solution

I have never run across a pre-built system that is the same price as what you can do from buying the same parts, unless that system was an older one that is being sold at near cost to get rid of it.

Aside from that, if the system have the same parts, they will be the same speed. For an OEM system they tend to use cheaper parts though, especially the power supply. A good one for a gaming system is about $70 and up depending on the wattage, one you would find in a "gaming" system...

USAFRet

Titan

You've not listed all the parts.
Specifically, the PSU, motherboard, SSD make/model, etc, etc.
Raw numbers is not the whole story.

I have never run across a pre-built system that is the same price as what you can do from buying the same parts, unless that system was an older one that is being sold at near cost to get rid of it.

Aside from that, if the system have the same parts, they will be the same speed. For an OEM system they tend to use cheaper parts though, especially the power supply. A good one for a gaming system is about $70 and up depending on the wattage, one you would find in a "gaming" system from a OEM builder may be $30-40.

Solution