Question Same sticks, bought separately, XMP problems.

Dec 1, 2019
Bought two sticks of "3200MHz" G.Skill Aegis 8GB separately, because of momentary availability.

Can't get the X.M.P. to work with them in dual channel(haven't even tried in single channel, and I don't really see a point, since I mainly game on the PC, so dual channel is kinda more important to me than the OC).

What should I do? Tried messing around with timings(since it's a Ryzen system), they won't go past their JEDEC rating of 2133MHz.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600,
Gigabyte B450M-DS3H,
Memory sticks mentioned above,
Biostar SSD 256GB,
Seagate HDD 1TB,
Sapphire ITX RX 570 Pulse Mini 4GB,
Thermaltake Litepower 500w.

Help pls.

Get rid of that PSU. At this point those units haven't been manufactured in MANY years, and it is likely at or near the end of it's useful lifespan. Probably more like at or already beyond. That was about a three year worthy unit when it was new, which was many years ago. Could even definitely be contributing to your memory issues if the voltage is low or unstable. When you are ready to do so, I'd recommend reading this:

First thing we need to know is what the EXACT part/model number of these sticks are? They may not even be compatible with your motherboard to begin with. Not all sticks are compatible with all boards no matter whether they are technically the right TYPE and SPEED of memory or not.

You should know that memory is not guaranteed or even potentially LIKELY to work together when it is higher speed memory than what is typically assigned as a maximum profile by JEDEC. So while sticks under 2666mhz will OFTEN work together even if they are wildly different, sticks that are higher speed sticks or kits OFTEN will NOT either run in dual channel, run at the XMP advertised speed or run together at all.

It might be informative to read the second section titled "The odd man out" located here: