same type of RAM?

I've just got a 512MB RAM module that's PC2100, 266MHz, CL2.5. I think
that's the sort of RAM that my system takes, but the 512MB module in there
now has 8 black chips on each side, this new module just has 8 black chips
on one side. Will these 2 modules be ok to use together?

In article <2ki1u3F2bu7vU1@uni-berlin.de>, K4 says...
> I've just got a 512MB RAM module that's PC2100, 266MHz, CL2.5. I think
> that's the sort of RAM that my system takes, but the 512MB module in there
> now has 8 black chips on each side, this new module just has 8 black chips
> on one side. Will these 2 modules be ok to use together?

Should be.

--
Conor

Dumb as a box of rocks...

Scott

"-Alby Hewlet" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> just plug it in and see what happens.

Isn't that what they said when they invented the H bomb???
;-)
Scott