Samgsung SSD slow?

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Just fitted a new Samgsung SSD drive and MOBO my machine is now running slower than it was before the upgrade.

Current spec is

Drive - Samsung SSD 840
MOBO - Gigabyte B75m-D3P
Processor - Intel I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ
Memory - Patriot G2 X 8 MB
Windows 7
Direct X 11

a couple of tests I've done.

ucvyUIz.jpg

Can anyone see why my macine would be running so slow, trying to load a map for BF4 takes as long as five minutes sometimes.

the speeds of the drive look fine, its most likely a software issue.

uninstall MSE and reinstall it, is most likely the culprit
or replace it all together with commodo internet security.
(stay clear of avast, it's a system hog and causes slow downs and other problems)

itunes can also cause system slowdowns and issues from the services it runs in the background

grab ccleaner aswell and run the file cleaner then the registry cleaner multiple times till it finds no errors.

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hi Mauller, ok I've deleted MSE and its still running slow. just timed the time it took from turning the machine on till windows loaded and it was 53 seconds, my old SSD drive would have done it in around 10-15 TBH.

Would there be ny other reason why a new SSD drive would be so slow to boot and load programs, kind of defeating the purpose of having an SSD drive this if its as slow as a normal drive.

P.S Itunes etc are not running.

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Whats superfecth, I've never heard of it.

I only have two programs running from start up, Both are Nvidia, I'm pretty anal that way, I hate stuff running in the background.

open services.msc and disable the superfetch service from starting.

its supposed to speed up opening application on boot that you open often but it doesnt work on gaming pcs or pcs that you open a lot of different programs on, a lot of the time it slows the pc down

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Nope, no difference. :(

Could it just be that I've made a mistake buying the Samsung SSD 840 cause it's crap?

Or maybe its my MOBO as both we're replaced at the same time?

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
That made a difference dereck! thanks! :D

dFblYC2.jpg

It's still taking ages to load windows though.. Any idea how I can speed up the load times? My old SSD was wayy faster than this.

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

I only have four things running in the back ground, two are Nvidia, one is Intel and one is Microsoft.

RA Dunk

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

As a matter of fact I did, I have a 1 Terabit drive I use for storage, I only use the SSD drive to install Windows on, would that make a difference and how as I had the same set up on my old SSD drive and that went like the clappers.