Question Samsung S8

Baggedblue70

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020
So after hours of testing and monitoring my internet connection, I discovered that my S8 is the cause of my other devices connected to my router wireless/wired to have high ping and jitter.

I was monitoring my phones activity thru my routers app. Whenever it's showing any activity going on with my phone(upload/download), ping/jitter/upload is affected on my other devices. Ran more tests and still high ping/jitter lowered upload speeds. As soon as I disable wifi on my S8, everything goes back to normal.

My gf is constantly on her phone watching videos, sending emails and what not, but it doesn't affect anything. She also uses cloud services from her iPhone. Even while we're watching movies on a Roku streaming device, it doesn't affect anything.

Anyone experience this before or know a fix? I don't have unlimited data so leaving wifi off isn't really an option.

I've searched the web and few others had the same problem with Andriods, all S models but no solution.

Another thing. While monitoring all devices connected to my router via app. Only my S8 shows activity (up/download) that last for a long while at times (more than 5 minutes). The rest show activity anywhere from couple seconds to less than 20 seconds.

Last edited: