Samson Meteor Mic mutes my speakers

OuassimE

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hello guys!

Yesterday I got my new ''Samson Meteor USB Microphone''. After plugging it into my computer, my microphone just sounded wonderful, no problem at all. Then while I was on a Skype call, I tried out the mute button that was in front of the microphone itself. Once I pressed the button, it mutes the microphone AND my speakers. Which is not what I want of course. I tried using other speakers and headphones and the results are still the same. It just mutes every audio output device that is connected to it. I use Windows 10 version 1607.

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

Solution
Hmm, you might wanna try contacting samson customer support then, it really shouldn't be muting everything, and they're the ones who would know if it mic is faulty or not.

OuassimE

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
My speakers are connected into a 3.5mm jack port. And my microphone in a usb port.
Does that make them connect them somehow? and how can I seperate the microphone from it then?

Check your playback and recording devices (right click the speaker icon in the task bar) and make sure the defaults are setup correctly for what's the default communication and what's the default playback/audio device.

Check your Skype settings as well.

Found this:
It probably becomes the audio input/output device in Windows when you plug it in. Try manually setting the audio playback device to the laptop's internal card while leaving the mic as the recording device.

OuassimE

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
It's not only Skype, it mutes everything. But on Skype the microphone is the Samson meteor and the speakers are the Logitech Z200, so far no problem with that.
And where do can I adjust those devices for specific usage?
Thanks in advance!