Samsung 2494 visible screen area

reshel

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Hi, I just got a new Samsung 2494 LCD screen. I hooked it up, and everything seems to be working find, except for one major problem: the actual image only occupies about 90% if the screen. There is a wide black margin surrounding the image on all four sides. In effect, this simply makes the screen significantly smaller. Surprisingly, this only happens under Windows (XP). When I booted my system with Ubuntu Linux, the full area of the screen was used for display. I tried the OSD buttons, looking for the position/width/height buttons I had on my old screen, but there was nothing there.

Any ideas?

P.S.
I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 8500 graphics card.

reshel

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, I tried all kinds of different settings (including the max), but this only changes the resolution within the displayed area. The wide black margin sorrounding it remains unchagned.

reshel

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
It's actually 2494LW, which runs at 1920X1080.
Fortunately, I found a simple solution: I downloaded and installed the latest version of my graphics card driver, and that solved the problem (I guess I should have done that earlier, but since it's only a year old, I assumed that wasn't necessary).

Thanks for your help anyway.