Samsung 28' LU28E590DS vs ASUS 24' VG248QE for Gaming

Leonman44

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2015
Ok guys , here is my rig:
CPU: 5820k at 4.4ghz
Motherboard: X99-A/3.1USB
Graphics: 980TI XTREME WINDFORCE (custom bios 1570/8002)
RAM: RIPJAWS IV 2400MHZ 16GB
Cooling: Phobya 360lt kit
Power: RM850I

So , i have now a Samsung S24D590L lps screen really good colours and 60hz but my system can push way higher than this so i want to upgrade!! I dont have a big budget though , asus is about 290euro and samy about 390euro so its close 1/3 more expensive. I really would like a 3k Asus 144hz gsync monitor that would be the best option but really i cant afford this monster :eek:

So guys , i know 1080p now is a little old but still needs a lot of power to run at 120hz 120fps and with lightboost kills anti-ghosting (played 1 time in this monitor and couldnt face my screen after that the motion the smoothness night and day difference!) so yes some people say that difference is not that big but it seems that i am more sensitive... So 1point x2(cause i am sensitive to fps...) for the Asus!

In the other hand i played today on the Samsung screen 4k 30fps(i got sick) with a gtx980 and omg!!! Details was like a dream , alliens should made this!! So if i would take the Samsung i am going to aim for a 3K resolution 60hz 60fps and i dont know if am able to properly overclock this one to 75-80hz (at 3k) BUT i have oced my current screen and getting some weird stuttering thing only in games no frameskipping in test or whatever , i really doubt if i can do this... So 1 point for the 28' size its just perfect 24' seems a little small and 1 point for the allien resolution.

Score is 2-2 i really cant make a choice!! I just suffer when i am trying to...
To help you i play mostly fps games like bf1 right now , horror games or even third person ones , i know that resolution can help me spot the enemy easier and game looks better but 120hz/120fps will make the game ultrasmooth so i can fight easier , percieve the enviroment better while turning around my camera and not get tired quickly.

HELP ME!!!! :fou: