Question SAMSUNG 28" Odyssey G70A black flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falunithik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2015

I was hoping someone who knows more about monitors could help me. My SAMSUNG 28" Odyssey G70A I got about a month ago has had a couple of problems, this one being the one I can't seem to resolve. There's a black flickering that occurs consistently now, and especially on startup. When the flickering happens, the monitor controls also won't show , which is confusing to me considering they should be laid over the display sourced from the computer. The display will eventually stay black until I either reset the computer or pull the plug on the monitor. I don't really have experience with monitor problems, but I tried everything I thought it could be. I wanted to make certain that the monitor wasn't faulty before I reached that conclusion, so I tried:

Making sure I had the best display port I could find (1.4 , 8k, I read somewhere that 8k was relevant)

I got a new 1000 watt PSU

Switched my power source to another outlet, which I didn't think would make a difference but I wanted to make certain I tried everything

got a 3080TI to make sure I had a card that can adequately support the monitor

It's difficult to find solutions due to the fact this monitor is infamous for a different kind of flickering, so I cant find any relevant help.
Its worth noting that I have a second monitor that's a 1080p. The 1080p monitor has no similar issues, though I do only have an HDMI ran through it.

Reactions: HeinousPete

Falunithik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2015
It may take a bit to see if this works, I had to figure out I had to turn on adaptive sync on my actual monitor for gsync to show up as an option. Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.