Question samsung 32inch qled montior broke at 2 years need to replace. what is a good option?

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
So i will not buy another samsung after this. I have a asus 3d monitor that has been working for 9 years now. I gave it to my son to use as his first monitor so at 2 years and needing a new screen kinda pissed. What im looking for a large screen for 50/50 gaming and quickbooks work. I didn't really care for the curve. I have never used a ulrawide but i am wondering if it will feel bigger if i get a 35 inch model or to just to skip over them? I have had 120 fps min for over 10 years so going to 100hz or lower not sure how it would feel these days. Budget is $500 or less. I don't really care about hdr but i don't want trash for a picture. min 100hz frame rate higher is better. Waiting to buy new gpu once rdna2 comes out maybe 3080rtx.

pc specs
amd 3900x
asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
32gig's 3200mhz gskill
gtx1080 ftw
1200 watt power supply
custom water cooling

3 512gig nvme drives

In what way did the monitor break? Have you verified that it doesn't work using other ports on the monitor and graphics card, or with a different cable?

And what model was it? I suspect it only came with a one-year warranty though, and it would be nice if longer warranties for monitors were more common.

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I tried 2 gpu's, 4 cables hdmi and display port. i also have another viewsonic that works normal. Black lines on lower screen.. Game i play alot is sc2. I need to find out if it will do ultrawide now that im thinking about it. If it doesn't do ultrawide than i will go 4k screen.

Thinking about that there is a new line up of 4k120 screens out. Lg nano85, tcl 6 series kinda <Mod Edit>, hisense 9 series, sony and vizio. lg nano85 55 inch is only $650.

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY