GPU: MSI GTX 650TI BOOST OC 2GB BE TF3
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz Samsung 2x2 MB MAX
MB: Foxconn G31MX Motherboard
PSU: FSP 600Watts 85+
Storage: Intel 330 120GB SSD + 1TB WD HDD
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
HSF:Cooler master HYPER 612 PWM 2x Fan
Cooling: All Fan slots has fan total of 8 chassis CM fans

As title says, I need help finding the best timings for my ram from experienced people on old systems on DDR2 memory era. Its a 2 stick of 2Gb by the way and its the maximum my board would allow me.

I there's any specs needed for helping me just let me know and i'll post which ever is needed.
Currently i checked CPU-Z and timing says the ff: ( All stock settings )

Model Manf: Samsung
Max Bandwidth: PC2-6400 400Mhz
Channel: Dual
DC Mode: Symmetric
FSB-DRAM: 5:6
Frequency: 408Mhz
CAS# Latency (CL): 6 clocks
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD): 6 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP): 6 clocks
Cycle time (tRAS):18 clocks
Row refresh cycle time (tRFC): 52 clocks
Command rate: 2t
Voltage: 1.80v

Timings Table: ( Voltage 1.80 V )

JEDEC #1
Frequency: 266Mhz
CAS Latency: 4.0
RAS to CAS: 4
RAS Precharge: 4
tRAS: 12
tRC: 16

JEDEC #2
Frequency: 333Mhz
CAS Latency: 5.0
RAS to CAS: 5
RAS Precharge: 5
tRAS: 15
tRC: 20

JEDEC #3
Frequency: 400Mhz
CAS Latency: 6.0
RAS to CAS: 6
RAS Precharge: 6
tRAS: 18
tRC: 24

BTW: my stock rated FSB frequency is 1333Mhz but OC'd to 1359.99Mhz and Multiplier default is 333 but set to 340 for me to OC ( Max my MB let me 341+ crash it ) my processor.

Is there a better settings i can put it into for better pc performance? And is it safe changing timings or is there a risk of breaking my ram by changing so? I tried finding some details yeah but its better asking old pro's where and which to set it to. Posted my whole PC specs as a start and guide to anyone willing to help.
Was hoping someone can help because i have 0 knowledge regarding RAM and posted a new thread on this since the last time i asked, My bios wont let me change timings but with hours of research i found and installed hidden latest version ( vF1 P14 ) for my bios and Ram timing tab and frequency works now so this fixed feature got me curious maybe it can help with performance even a bit.
Im squeezing every improvement i can on this system because its all i got for now. I know even someone helps, it will be minimal improvement but still an improvement for which i'll be grateful to any replies or suggestion to anyone willing.
Thankyousomuch in advance everyone!

P.S- Im fully aware im using a very old system from early 2000's but short explanation is its all i have and will be stuck with me for a while and wont be able to buy a new system.

Solution
Try 5-5-5-12-23-1T or 4-4-4-8-12-16-1T

If it wont boot then your ram is at your limit. Usually higher clocked ram could do 800mhz CL4

JOXXXEP

Prominent
Aug 3, 2021
Specs:
CPU: Intel core 2 Duo E8500 OC'd @3230Mhz
GPU: MSI GTX 650TI BOOST OC 2GB BE TF3
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz Samsung 2x2 MB MAX
MB: Foxconn G31MX Motherboard
PSU: FSP 600Watts 85+
Storage: Intel 330 120GB SSD + 1TB WD HDD
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
HSF:Cooler master HYPER 612 PWM 2x Fan
Cooling: All Fan slots has fan total of 8 chassis CM fans

As title says, I need help finding the best timings for my ram from experienced people on old systems on DDR2 memory era. Its a 2 stick of 2Gb by the way and its the maximum my board would allow me.

I there's any specs needed for helping me just let me know and i'll post which ever is needed.
Currently i checked CPU-Z and timing says the ff: ( All stock settings )

Model Manf: Samsung
Max Bandwidth: PC2-6400 400Mhz
Channel: Dual
DC Mode: Symmetric
FSB-DRAM: 5:6
Voltage: 1.80v

Timings Table: ( Voltage 1.80 V )

JEDEC #1
Frequency: 266Mhz
CAS Latency: 4.0
RAS to CAS: 4
RAS Precharge: 4
tRAS: 12
tRC: 16

JEDEC #2
Frequency: 333Mhz
CAS Latency: 5.0
RAS to CAS: 5
RAS Precharge: 5
tRAS: 15
tRC: 20

JEDEC #3
Frequency: 400Mhz
CAS Latency: 6.0
RAS to CAS: 6
RAS Precharge: 6
tRAS: 18
tRC: 24

BTW: my stock rated FSB frequency is 1333Mhz but OC'd to 1359.99Mhz and Multiplier default is 333 but set to 340 for me to OC ( Max my MB let me 341+ crash it ) my processor.

Is there a better settings i can put it into for better pc performance? And is it safe changing timings or is there a risk of breaking my ram by changing so? I tried finding some details yeah but its better asking old pro's where and which to set it to. Posted my whole PC specs as a start and guide to anyone willing to help.
Was hoping someone can help because i have 0 knowledge regarding RAM and posted a new thread on this since the last time i asked, My bios wont let me change timings but with hours of research i found and installed hidden latest version ( vF1 P14 ) for my bios and Ram timing tab and frequency works now so this fixed feature got me curious maybe it can help with performance even a bit.
Im squeezing every improvement i can on this system because its all i got for now. I know even someone helps, it will be minimal improvement but still an improvement for which i'll be grateful to any replies or suggestion to anyone willing.
Thankyousomuch in advance everyone!

P.S- Im fully aware im using a very old system from early 2000's but short explanation is its all i have and will be stuck with me for a while and wont be able to buy a new system.

If you want more speed, you need to remove the heat better as components run better cooler. Set all your fans to 100% and see how much more you can overclock.

And then do searches online for discussion forum threads about overclocking like this--there's tons of threads out there.

JOXXXEP

Prominent
Aug 3, 2021
Try 5-5-5-12-23-1T or 4-4-4-8-12-16-1T

If it wont boot then your ram is at your limit. Usually higher clocked ram could do 800mhz CL4
Hi there! I'll try this combinations now but bios wont let me change command rate from 2t to 1t. No options for that one. Also one question,
Is it safe to change numbers from those combinations? Like 4-4-5-12 or 4-5-5-12 etc??q
Does it lower latency even better than 5-5-5-12?
Btw, tRAS only let me set it to 10-15 max.

Hi there! I'll try this combinations now but bios wont let me change command rate from 2t to 1t. No options for that one. Also one question,
Is it safe to change numbers from those combinations? Like 4-4-5-12 or 4-5-5-12 etc??q
Does it lower latency even better than 5-5-5-12?
Btw, tRAS only let me set it to 10-15 max.
ram timings is how fast the imc could access the memory itself, i did 1600mhz cl9 with a little tweaking in sub timings to get a better read write copy, but to me, it all doesn't matter if you are aiming for performance, 800mhz is already obsolete to run everything latest.