Question Samsung 4k TV - 2 Channels Trying to Play at Same Time

Jeff1960

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
Hello friends,

My Samsung un55js8500 TV just had a serious problem. All of a sudden, 2 different channels are trying to show on the screen and distorting the picture to where the TV automatically shuts off (I assume as a precaution from over-heating). The TV is only 4 years old. It hasn't been moved since the day I hung it 4 years ago.

I tried to reset to factory settings and after a few minutes it did the same thing. I unplugged it for 30 minutes and still, same thing happened after about 5 minutes of turning it back on.

Is this TV garbage now?

Thank you,

Jeff

kanewolf

Titan
Hello friends,

My Samsung un55js8500 TV just had a serious problem. All of a sudden, 2 different channels are trying to show on the screen and distorting the picture to where the TV automatically shuts off (I assume as a precaution from over-heating). The TV is only 4 years old. It hasn't been moved since the day I hung it 4 years ago.

I tried to reset to factory settings and after a few minutes it did the same thing. I unplugged it for 30 minutes and still, same thing happened after about 5 minutes of turning it back on.

Is this TV garbage now?

Thank you,

Jeff
What does it do with a non-tuner input?