Samsung 840evo dissapered randomly

pandasaurus

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
System;
Tower: nzxt h700i smart tower
Motherboard: asus Maximus viii hero
CPU: Intel i7-6700k (OC'd to 4.7@1.310v[yes stable, 21hrs p95 test])
Cooler: nzxt kraken x62+noctua ippc3k fans push/pull
GPU: asus nvidia strix RoG 1080Ti 11gb OC edition
Sound card: Creative AE5
PSU: evga superNOVA g2 750w gold
RAM: 2x8gb patriot viper 4 2800mhz ram
Wifi card: asus pce-ac56
SSD: Samsung evo 850 as primary 840 as secondary
Lighting: NZXT hue+ with extension kit
Fan: TOP 3x120mm nzxt aer RGB REAR 1x140mm nzxt aer RGB

EXTERNALS;
Steelseries apex300 keyboard + rival 700 mouse
Monitor acer g257hu
Raspberry Pie 7in 1024x600 monitor
Sennheiser GameZero

So for the past, 8montha or so I’ve been running the 840 without issue, install my games here only, randomly last night I went to rebooted my pc, when it went to the reboot screen it stuck there for about ~fifteen minutes then rebooted while I was away from the keys, but now it doesn’t see the 840.. not in my computer, not in disk management, not in disk partition, not even in the BIOS.. I’ve tried different cables different sata slots, tried to update firmware but Samsung magician doesn’t even see the drive.. pretty sure I updated the firmware already butyeah.. so I had some issues when upgrading to the h700i tower from an S340 elite so I had to reformat and yesterday I was just finishing drivers and windows updates, thought I had them all done that morning, have read windows updates can cause an issue.. but.....

I’m leaning towards the ssd finally failed, please give me any suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

Solution
G
Hi,

I think Samsung 840 died. To check it do 1 thing, make 840 as primary. Remove Samsung 850 for a while.

Before taking this step, install a fresh set of cables to the SSD. Also change sata slots on motherboard.

Check if it boots up and shows anything.

Or try it in another computer.

I hope that helps.
G

Hi,

I think Samsung 840 died. To check it do 1 thing, make 840 as primary. Remove Samsung 850 for a while.

Before taking this step, install a fresh set of cables to the SSD. Also change sata slots on motherboard.

Check if it boots up and shows anything.

Or try it in another computer.

I hope that helps.

Solution