Samsung 850 Evo 120GB or Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB?

Kyleb20

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
Hi, as I have never used an SSD before and my computer is due for the upgrade, I have been looking at cheap SSDs to buy. My budget is around the 50-£60 mark. I have been doing research and I understand that the Samsung is a better SSD overall but the capacity is putting me off. I can get the Kingston for the same price and for double the capacity. I know about the issues that the v300 had with them changing components within that were lower speeds than the previous ones being used. This however doesn't put me off buying the Kingston SSD.

I hope you guys can answer my question. Thanks, Kyle.

Solution
Go for capacity. It's way more important as both are fast.
While that Kingston is good, i'd prefer teh PNY CS1311 240GB or Adata sp550 240gb.

Kyleb20

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015

Thanks for the answer. Both of the products that you suggested are out of stock at the moment but I will also look into buying them.

Don't sweat it. get one of teh two i listed and you'll be fine. The EVO are no a must. If you can afford 'em, sure. If not, doesn't matter. SSDs are awesoma anyway.
Oh, adn btw, due to their parralel nature, ah heck SSDs are faster, so a lower "tier" 240gb SSD may well beat a highee tier 120GB one.

Kyleb20

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015

Yeah I think that I am going to go with the 240 GB Kingston drive or something similar and run a similar setup with the OS and most uses applications on the SSD and other things on my 1TB HDD.

Ye the SSD OS and HDD bulk storage combo is a good one.