samsung 850 evo not showing in windows

glasshalffull

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I've seen alot of threads in regards to this but none that seem to fit my scenario

just migrated win10 os from hdd to an m.2 samsung 850 ssd 256gb, ....running great

now I'm replacing the hdd with a secondary samsung 850 evo ssd 500gb to be used for storage.

i can see the secondary 500gb ssd in samsung magician but i'm not able to test or optimize it.....and it's not showing up in windows

I haven't run the samsung one stop install navigator software as it looks like it will try to setup this drive as the C: drive, is that correct?

how do i solve this problem of the secondary 500gb drive not showing up?

glasshalffull

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

followed those instructions exactly and everything worked fine but in the samsung magician software and select this drive i cannot run performance tests as it says "no volumes found on selected drive"

what did i do wrong?

the drive does show up in Windows 10 now

Feb 16, 2019

followed those instructions exactly and everything worked fine but in the samsung magician software and select this drive i cannot run performance tests as it says "no volumes found on selected drive"

what did i do wrong?

the drive does show up in Windows 10 now
Im having the exact same issue, but my drive doesn't show up in the file explorer unless i go to properties, but i cant format it there. what do i do?