Samsung 850 pro 256GB Facing wired problem while using It

shaon_rng

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
I'm using a 850 pro 256GB from the last 2 weeks. I use OS from a hard disk and was using this ssd to store my project files. From yesterday it was not showing in my computer also stopped recognizing in bios. In bios the sata port is just unused. I've tried all the sata ports, different cable but no luck. Then I tried to connect it using a sata to usb3 coverter and it worked! I can use the ssd, can see the smart status which's all value is normal. I can use it without any problem using sata to usb 3 converter but can't use it using motherboards sata port. I've tried this ssd with different motherboard but same thing happens.

I searched the web for a answer but could not found a single web page about the problem I am facing with the 850 pro.

Is the ssd broken? What should I do? Please help me!

My config :

msi Z68A-GD65
16gb g.skill 2133 cl9
gtx 970
seagate 2TB internal hard disk
850 pro 256gb ssd
seasonic G650 psu

Thanks in advance.

shaon_rng

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Thanks for the reply. Yes I've connected both sata power and data connectors to the ssd, tried other cables. My other hard disk is working ok with those sata ports and cables. Yes i swapped the ssd to hardisk's place but no luck. Only sata to usb3 work. SO weird.

shaon_rng

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yes I did. I formatted with ntfs GPT settings. It was running just fine for almost 2 weeks then the problem happened.

shaon_rng

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yes I tried it with other system same result.

I don't have a PCI-E to SATA adaptor.

TRENDING THREADS