Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA SSD in HP 15-bs145tu laptop.

Sujit Pal

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
Hello,
I have bought "HP 15-bs145tu laptop". In the manual it is said that it has M.2 SATA SSD slot. Also written that it supports "Value SSD" and "TLC SSD".

User manual link:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

I want to buy "Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 250GB SSD". Official website says it is not TLC ssd. It has "NAND Type: Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC".

Will my laptop support this ssd?
Also are the MLC ssd and TLC ssd mutually supported?

Thanks in advance.
I am looking for your help. :)

I'm thinking that being the manual has HP part numbers next to the SSDs that those are HP SSDs and they are what HP suggests to use.

I don't see why you couldn't use the Samsung.

MLC.....TLC....SLC.....all relate to how the data is stored....but I don't think the PC actually "sees" that....so i don't think it makes a difference as far as functionality.

MLC...TLC....and SLC have more to do with reliability and the number of writes.

Sujit Pal

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015

Thank you for your quick replies. It helps me a lot.

In the user manual it is said that it will support below combination:
Dual storage configuration (Intel Core processors only)
256 GB Value SSD + 1 TB HDD
128 GB Value SSD + 1 TB HDD

It is really really confusing for the user like me who knows very little about computers.

So can you please confirm me that there will be no compatibility issue?

Sujit Pal

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
Today I have installed "Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 250GB SSD" in my "HP 15-bs145tu" laptop. It works perfectly fine for me. I have not faced a single problem. Screw for installing the ssd is also provided on the laptop motherboard. I have used GPT partition system and installed Windows 10 on it. I also turned off legacy support in bios settings. Windows 10 boots up in few seconds. Now the true power of 8th generation Intel core i5 8250U quad core processor is realized. My laptop is now working butter smooth, no lag at all.

Thank you 'jay32267' for your kind help. I have also chosen your answer as a solution.
You guys are awesome.
:bounce: :) :bounce: :) :bounce:

vhyzwn.jpg

2ntk2h0.jpg

20tnudl.png

2l8ittj.png