[SOLVED] Samsung 860 evo vs wd blue vs wd red

Gokhannn

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Hello i want to buy 1tb ssd wd red is 160$, Samsung 860 evo is 180$ and wd blue is 150$. I will use ıt for rendering, after effects, gaming, and video editing. Which one should i buy also i can buy m.2 crucial p1 its also 160$

Solution
Skip the Crucial. Its a QLC drive and will drop to being as slow as an HDD when you fill the large buffer. The buffer size varies with how full the drive is since it is using empty cells of the SSD in SLC mode.

The 860 is the quickest of the bunch, The Blue and the Red are very close. I would not overlook the Sandisk Ultra 3d (same drive as the WD Blue 3d) or the Mx500 if their prices are equivalent.

popatim

Titan
Skip the Crucial. Its a QLC drive and will drop to being as slow as an HDD when you fill the large buffer. The buffer size varies with how full the drive is since it is using empty cells of the SSD in SLC mode.

The 860 is the quickest of the bunch, The Blue and the Red are very close. I would not overlook the Sandisk Ultra 3d (same drive as the WD Blue 3d) or the Mx500 if their prices are equivalent.

Solution

Gokhannn

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020

There is no 1tb sandisk on stock but i can go with mx500 is this better ?