Discussion Samsung 8K QLED TVs worth a fortune

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
So I was browsing the latest in the electronics section and I came across this newest Samsung 8K QLED Y20 TV series. Would you believe it that the best variant Q950 which is 85" in size costs $12,000 and I was wondering what was so good in the TV to demand 12 grand. Having viewed the specs, the new element in it is of course the 8k support and besides, powered by a custom MediaTek SoC, this smart TV can support Wi-Fi 6, something that is absolutely new in the TV segment. Many websites reviewed the video quality and the sound of the TV to be really good. But do you think this huge TV is worth 12k when there are lots of other good devices at the cost?

Reactions: Benjamin22044

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
All high end flagship TVs (and any other product) cost a lot, a Bently at $250,000 or a Lexus at $50,000? No need to pay for either unless you are in the market for high end stuff and don't care about cost.

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED88Z9PUA-signature-oled-8k-tv

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED77W9PUA-signature-oled-4k-tv

If it's "worth it" depends on the buyer. I find spending $500-1,000 on a phone to be a waste of money but tons of people pay that much, some every year or two.
Thanks for the advice bro but I have discovered something that caught my attention more than this 8K smart TV and it was a transparent TV by Xiaomi which is said to launch in US very soon and expected to cost something around 7.5k. Well, the name is Mi TV LUX Transparent Edition and I read that it is a completely transparent glass sheet with a black frame-cum stand at the bottom. When the TV is switched off, you can see through the glass behind the TV and it makes sense when they call it transparent.
The transparent TV has audio adjusting capabilities according to the program you tune in and it also has a customized MediaTek MT9650 chipset that takes care of the display and connectivity. Perhaps this is some innovation that people would really look forward to.