Specs:

i5 4690

GTX 1070 SC

Z97 PRO GAMER MOBO

4x 4GB DDR3 RAM

1TB 7200RPM HDD

120GB SATA SSD

260GB 960 EVO M.2 SSD

I've had this SSD for a year now so it shouldn't have slown down THAT much.

When I first got it, I could login into Windows in no more than a second. It was like as soon as I entered my password, I was logged on. But now it can take up to a minute. I know that's still pretty fast but I paid a lot of money for this SSD and I want to get the best performance out of it.

I ran CrystalDiskMark 5.5 and these are the results I got. I don't really understand it but by comparing it to the average seq read/write speeds, my SSD is reading at almost half the speed. 4K read seems to be fine and I don't really understand what Deep Queue 4K is.

My motherboard is only PCIE 2x2 which I know will limit the speeds but this still seems a bit slow since I'm only getting 150MB/s more seq read speed than I would with a SATA SSD (600MB/s)

Solution

That is specifically why.
The Z97 level boards are generally very limited on their performance with an NVMe m.2 drive.

What you see is what you get.

Now, for taking "up to a minute" to log in....that's a whole different story. And almost certainly software, or your HDD.

USAFRet

Titan

That is specifically why.
The Z97 level boards are generally very limited on their performance with an NVMe m.2 drive.

What you see is what you get.

Now, for taking "up to a minute" to log in....that's a whole different story. And almost certainly software, or your HDD.

Solution

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
My ssd runs half that speed and my windows loads in about 10 seconds. So I agree with USAret it is your windows loading files that have a problem not your equipment. Try using cc cleaner or wise reg cleaner to weed out the junk files to see if that helps.