[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M2 Performance Issue

Arhus262

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
So I've bought this new SSD and I've installed it and the pc opened regularly as before but when I play games I get a lot of drops/freezes and much more lower fps than before and the games that I've tried to play wasn't installed in the SSD, my device's performance downgraded generally. SSD's health is "Good" according to Samsung Magician. I need a solution immediatly.

System:
MB: MSI X370 Krait Gaming
GPU: MSI nVidia GTX 1070
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800x with a Xigmatek liquid cooler
RAM: HyperX 32GB 2133MHz (2x16)
HDD: Seagate 7200RPM 1TB HDD
HDD: WD 7200RPM 1TB HDD
SSD: WD 250GB SSD(Windows is installed in here.)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M2
PSU: Corsair CX750M

HI,
MSI site will not allow me to read the manual without a login so.
Read your manual, your hard drives may have dropped the speed of the PCI bus or may have a conflict. Do you lose a sata port if an m2 drive is installed?
Does your PCI go from x16 to x8 or x4 with your current configuration.

Reactions: kurdtnz

Arhus262

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
HI,
MSI site will not allow me to read the manual without a login so.
Read your manual, your hard drives may have dropped the speed of the PCI bus or may have a conflict. Do you lose a sata port if an m2 drive is installed?
Does your PCI go from x16 to x8 or x4 with your current configuration.
I looked through the manual I couldn't see anything about losing a sata port if an m2 drive is installed.
I think it does go from x16 to x8 and x4
By the way I didn't need a login for the manual maybe you've tried from somewhere else, just so you would look: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-KRAIT-GAMING#down-manual

Arhus262

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
How did you fix it? What was the source of issues?
I really don't know but I downloaded Windows into the Samsung SSD and it fixed it and I downloaded the driver and firmware of the SSD and installed it, after that I started getting good performance in games as before.

Solution