Samsung 970 EVO 250Gb not showing up in BIOS nor Windows

Jan 8, 2019
Hey people!

I just recently bought my new components for a gaming pc and proceeded to install everything (not my first rodeo).
When I got to the point of installing Windows (10 Pro on UEFI USB created with Rufus) the 970 NVMe SSD is not showing up anywhere.
I have updated to most recent bios, disabled CSM and checked everything, but I can't get it to work.
So I then decided to install Windows on my Samsung 860 EVO just to see if after booting up the 970 would show up, but no luck...

The NVMe is currently seated in slot #1 and the manual states that it supports NVMe as a boot disk.

Anyone care to help me out? My components are:
MOBO: AsRock X470 Fatal1ty Gaming K4
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
RAM: 16Gb (2x8) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz
M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250Gb
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 Strix OC 6Gb
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 650W 80+ Platinum

Mar 16, 2019
Same problem here with similar build except mine is an evo plus 970. Tried what you mentioned but to no avail. Seems to be very common. Are a lot of these m.2 drives DOA or something?

Get the latest files and create a media install tool as described at the MS site. Forget rufus, let MS format the usb drive. Have only the intended drive attached and remove the other drive.Flash the latest bios update if that's available at this point .
Set up an UEFI bios and the boot mode to UEFI . Select as the boot device the usb which has UEFI or Windows as part of the drive label .Then reboot and the install begins.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10