[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO drive won't boot

Dec 27, 2018
Hi having previously installed an OCZ SSD on my PC I thought it would be easy to install the above and make it the boot drive. Alas not so. The PC sees the new drive and I have used the samsung Data migration software to colone the soon to be redundant OCZ drive across. But when i go into the Bios on my Gigabyte H97-D3H it has three options for the boot order and nothing I do will make the 970 EVO appear there as one of the options. Have read re re-installing windows after removing all drives except the 970 EVO but cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

Solution
Hi problem solved, thanks to Gigabyte tech support, they asked me to install a later version of the BIOS - F7 I had F4 then it just went through like clockwork using gigabytes APP and then the @bios app, when it rebooted it was using the new drive so easy in the end. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Dec 27, 2018

Dec 27, 2018
replying to Karen yes the 970 shows up under MyPC along with the other drives. When i try to disconnect all the other drives and then boot from a USB ISO it doesn't work - I guess because I cannot set the USB as the boot - I geta message boot drive not connected.
I have read that Windows includes a NVMe driver and in any case I have downloaded and installed the sony NVMe driver.
Think me problem is more to do with the limited list of boot drives that my Master board allows and the fact that i cannot seem to get the NVMe drive to show up there.

Dec 27, 2018
Hi problem solved, thanks to Gigabyte tech support, they asked me to install a later version of the BIOS - F7 I had F4 then it just went through like clockwork using gigabytes APP and then the @bios app, when it rebooted it was using the new drive so easy in the end. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS