• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Samsung 970 EVO failing?

erasedhammer

Honorable
Jun 13, 2014
Got a blue screen when the computer was just idling streaming youtube, DPC_watchdog_violation.

Reboot was extremely delayed through bios, and then came up with error: unknown filesystem, entering rescure mode... grub rescue>

Rebooted again, and finally got windows to boot normally. Checked event logs and say "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block." which i can only assume is the samsung ssd.

My computer is only a year old, samsung magician says the drive is still in good condition. It also says I've only written 22.6TB...
Is it really failing now?

View: https://imgur.com/a/dtOoYRu

Apr 28, 2020
DPC Watchdog Violation is a blue screen error that appears on the Windows system. It's usually occurred due to specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility issues, or if system files are corrupted. You can try the below solutions to fix the issue:

1. Remove all connected external drives
  2. Change SATA AHCI Controller
  3. Check Corrupted System Files on Computer
  4. Update Disk Driver
  5. Check and Fix Disk Errors
  6. Remove any newly installed software
Hope it will resolve your issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY