[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO issues, faulty?

MrKillChill

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
When I first received this SSD (Samsung 970 EVO 500gb) I thought everything would be a breeze , but problems just kept occurring over and over again, first off windows would not recognise it and it was not showing up on Samsung Magician either,I formatted the drive and then it showed on windows (I also went in the bios and tweaked settings to try and make it show) but still wouldn't show on Samsung magician even though I had the required Samsung NVME controller and the latest version of Samsung magician (5.3.0). It also wouldn't show on the Samsung data migration tool.

So then I thought maybe the device is faulty- or not authentic (which is unlikely since I bought it through Amazon) but I tested the subsequential read and write speeds and they were the same as the ones advertised, I even installed GTAV on it to test real-world performance and it was significantly quicker than my 850 EVO, but I wanted my OS on the 970, so I decided to do a clean reinstall of windows 10 on the 970 EVO, it failed after trying to boot windows and gave the error code : 0xc000000e therefore I had to install windows on my 850 EVO, I thought maybe its because the nvme controller was not installed but after booting on the 850 EVO and installing the controller, I still got the same error when I tried to boot from the 970. I have no idea what could be going wrong , the device does not seem faulty and my motherboard only has one m.2 slot for the nvme device. What would you suggest to do because I am completely lost at the moment?

PC SPECS:

i7-6700k
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Motherboard (latest BIOS update - 3802)
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB ROG STRIX GPU
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Red 2400 MHz DDR4
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Sandisk 120GB sata SSD (came free with GPU-shows on Samsung magician)
Samsung 970 EVO m.2 NVME SSD 500GB
Evga 650w G2 power supply
Noctis 450 case

Solution
Try it on a friends computer to see if it comes up on his/her computer. If not then Rma it, it should not be this hard to get it up and running.