[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO (non-Plus) 500GB or WD Black SN750 500GB

dfeweer

Reputable
Jan 31, 2017
Hi All,

I need to upgrade my drive and I can't seem to decide which one to buy.

Money is a little tight right now so the 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus is out of the budget ($160 where I live).

So I am looking at the Samsung 970 EVO (non-Plus) 500GB or WD Black SN750 500GB.

They are both $70 where I live.

The 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus is $95 where I live and I can't seem to justify the extra $25.

I am not a gamer but I do data analysis so at times I work with large files. I also do a little music recording at home.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Solution
In that 'article'...."Lowest durability" is the difference between a car lasting 200,000 miles, vs a car that lasts 215,000 miles.
Yes, it is "lower", but totally irrelevant in actual use.

And any article that puts an ADATA above Samsung, Crucial, and WD...should be ignored completely.

It is pretty impossible to go wrong with a Samsung. EVO or EVO Plus.

dfeweer

Reputable
Jan 31, 2017
USAFRet,

First things first... THANK YOU for your service.

And thanks you for replying to my post.

Interesting that you brought up reliability because I was thinking the same thing.

However, I was doing some research and in this article for the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, for the "reasons to avoid" they state "Lowest durability for a PCIe 3.0 M.2 on the list".

I can't imagine the Samsung 970 EVO (non-Plus) being any better (compared to the Plus) which is why I was considering the WD Black SN750.

Or maybe I am confusing reliability vs durability?

Thanks.

Dan

USAFRet

Titan
In that 'article'...."Lowest durability" is the difference between a car lasting 200,000 miles, vs a car that lasts 215,000 miles.
Yes, it is "lower", but totally irrelevant in actual use.

And any article that puts an ADATA above Samsung, Crucial, and WD...should be ignored completely.

It is pretty impossible to go wrong with a Samsung. EVO or EVO Plus.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS