Samsung 970 EVO not detected after system froze

Jan 29, 2019
Yesterday I bought a 970 EVO and installed it onto my newly-built system (Asrock AB350 Pro4, AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, EVGA GTX 1070, Corsair CX450M). I used the top M.2 slot with the ultra M.2 logo. I installed Windows on it without a hitch, downloaded all the essential drivers and all seemed well. All reboots went really well and ultra fast booting worked flawlessly.

I started up the system today, with everything seeming alright, and suddenly, as I hit OK to tweak a few settings for the network adapter, the system froze for about 5 seconds and rebooted. No sounds were made, no lights flashed, CPU cooler RGB and GPU LED's indicated normal operation. The system booted into BIOS and the 970 EVO didn't appear anywhere. I switched off, removed it just in case it wasn't seated properly, replaced it and the problem persists. I don't have any other NVMes on hand (it's my first build, upgrading from a laptop), so I can't really do any troubleshooting myself, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Power supply does not meet minimum requirements to run GTX 1070.

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX is a vague description of memory used. No part number, clock speed plus no mention what speed it is actually running at does not reveal much about your system specs.

Jan 29, 2019
PSU is more than enough for my system at full load and, when the system froze, everything was on idle, so that's out of the question. RAM kit is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 running at 2933 16-17-17-35-69. Though not on Asrock's QVL, it's the most popular kit on my mobo on Userbenchmarks and I made sure to use the most conservative timings others have reported to be stable to make sure it's stable, so I reckon that's out of the question, too.