[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO Not Detected in M2 Mode

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
I have an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard, and my 970 only gets detected when the M.2 slot is set to "SATA Express" instead of "M.2" (which I presume to mean is PCIE). I have tried disabling the CSM and clearing Secure Boot keys to no avail. I currently got Windows 10 installed onto it in SATA Express mode, and installing the Samsung NVMe drivers in Windows 10 did not fix anything.

EDIT: Is there a benefit in going native PCIe instead of SATA Express? I say this now because I realize that SATA Express seems to be much faster than regular SATA when comparing benchmarks in Samsung Magician.

Solution
I don't get the problem . The 970 is recognized and works .You know how many never get that far with these drives ?

Looking at the manual, the board appears to work properly. When the setting is SATA Express, M2 is set to Pcie. That's your 970 Pcie drive . And it works. Congrats .

If the setting were M2 it appears the M2 port will only accept SATA devices.

I don't get the problem . The 970 is recognized and works .You know how many never get that far with these drives ?

Looking at the manual, the board appears to work properly. When the setting is SATA Express, M2 is set to Pcie. That's your 970 Pcie drive . And it works. Congrats .

If the setting were M2 it appears the M2 port will only accept SATA devices.

Solution