Status
Not open for further replies.

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
I just rebuilt my computer to clean it, same parts, nothing has changed. It was working fine beforehand. I have it all set up and turn it on and my 970 evo isn't being recognized by the bios. It's my boot drive and has a lot of valuable data on it. No info anywhere in the bios on it. I tried disconnecting all other drives and nothing. Please help thank you!

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
I have had my 970 evo NVME for months and it has worked fine. I rebuilt my pc and did cable management etc and now my pc is not recognizing the Samsung 970 evo. I thought maybe it was a hardware issue and I damaged the 970 but put it in another system and it works fine. I have no clue what could have happened. I changed no settings, no hardware nothing. Same exact computer. I assume maybe its some sort of bios setting? I have an Asrock a320m pro4. The NVME PCI slot shows "nothing recognized". Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Go to the product page for your motherboard model. Download the latest bios and update your bios to that version.

Then, find the PCI boot device settings in the bios and enable them. Also, you will need to most likely disable CSM (Compatibility support module) and enable UEFI boot and you need to make sure it's all configured correctly.

Drives should be AHCI unless you have a RAID setup, which is doubtful.

Also check which Sata Data ports you used on the re-wire, often in those lower budget boards the NVMe shares ports with the Sata plugs and if you populated the wrong ports, there's a conflict.

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished

Also check which Sata Data ports you used, often in those lower budget boards the NVMe shares ports with the Sata plugs and if you populated the wrong ports, there's a conflict.

Also check which Sata Data ports you used on the re-wire, often in those lower budget boards the NVMe shares ports with the Sata plugs and if you populated the wrong ports, there's a conflict.

I don't think the sata ports are the issue as I've tried to boot with everything else unplugged. I'll try updating the bios. I notice on asrock's page there are a bunch of "bridge" bios updates. Do I need to incrementally update to those to keep updating to the most recent? I've never updated a bios and I don't wanna botch it lol. Also I tried to disable csm and it just throws me back to the bios every time. Thanks

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Read the bios notes for each version newer than your current version. There will be certain versions you'll need to update to first, so yes, some increments, but not every single one is necessary. At a certain point you'll not update further unless you have a 3x series cpu. Read carefully.

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
Read the bios notes for each version newer than your current version. There will be certain versions you'll need to update to first, so yes, some increments, but not every single one is necessary. At a certain point you'll not update further unless you have a 3x series cpu. Read carefully.
I updated to 3.5 bridge bios then to 4.9 which claimed "improved m.2 compatibility" in the update notes but no luck. Still doesn't work in my nvme m.2 slot on my motherboard so I went and grabbed a pcie 4x to m.2 adapter and its working now. Not really a solution though to the slot not recognizing it despite being fully functional. so weird

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
Fixed it. Had to change bios from UEFi to CSM then it shows in boot priorities. Really weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.