Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 bios issue on ASUS ROG G771JM

bogdanmcb23

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018
Hello!

I am writing here after 18hs of searching everywhere about this issue.

I installed a Samsung evo 970 NVMe M.2 on my G771JM Rog and it show in my device manager, I can use it in Windows but I can't seem to instal any build of W10 on it. I am getting an error where it says that my device is not recognized in the BIOS.

I have tried everything, removing the old HDD, setting to AHCI in bios, updating Bios, installing NVMe drivers.

It does not, indeed, show up anywhere in my BIOS and I don t know what to do from this point.
I am runing Legacy BIOS since I dont think my motherboard supports UEFI.

Can there be a compatibilty problem? If so, why can I use it as a storage device but cannot instal an OS on it? .

I am really looking forward into a
response from you guys since I am literally left with nothing else to do.

Cheers!

bogdanmcb23

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018
Did you find a solution? I have the same issue but with a different motherboard... the h370f... O_O … please help!
A bit late with the solution but there seems to be a problem with ASUS as they did not update the bios compatibility with the nvme support. Therefore I returned the SSD and got a normal one and installed in one of the sata ports. As I was informed you could work and customize ur bios setups but that is not recommended since you can tottaly destroy ur laptop :) . GOod luck