[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB vs. ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro SSD 2TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2021
Hi folks,
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB or ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro SSD 2TB?
Just for games and store my personal data (photos, music etc). Speed doesnt matter.
I am considering durability (on paper Adata TBW 1280TB/1200TB Samsung)
Price (Adata 20% cheaper in my country) - if Samsung is far more reliable price doesnt matter.
Temperature (my system disk EVO970 500GB have 50 degrees with pasive cooler, my friends Adata SX8200 only 34 degrees in same Fractal R6 case) Is temperature related to SSD durability? Sorry for lame questions :)

Solution
Temperature is more related to usage. generally the more usage & the faster the drive is the hotter it will run.

Transfer a large file to your SSD and monitor the speeds & temps. Go to your friends house and repeat the test.

As for which drive to buy, I see more problems with the Adata on the forums then the Samsungs but then Adata may sell more because they are cheaper.
Also please check out which one would be easier or cheaper to return if you needed warranty service.

popatim

Titan
Temperature is more related to usage. generally the more usage & the faster the drive is the hotter it will run.

Transfer a large file to your SSD and monitor the speeds & temps. Go to your friends house and repeat the test.

As for which drive to buy, I see more problems with the Adata on the forums then the Samsungs but then Adata may sell more because they are cheaper.
Also please check out which one would be easier or cheaper to return if you needed warranty service.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS