[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO Plus not recognised

Aug 19, 2020
Solution
yes multiple times, for me its not the problem, and its straight... samsung told me to send it back tho
Send it back as samsung requested.
When you install a m.2 the ssd should initially have the opposite end raised by perhaps 10 degrees.
Pushing down on the end and securing with a screw leverages up the contacts to make good contact.
If this is what you experienced, then the ssd is likely defective.
It happens on occasion to even the best of products.
In the photo, I see a bit of gold contacts.
Are you certain that you pushed the ssd in far enough before lowering it and securing the screw.
Go to the search bar. Search for "Create and format harddisk partitions".

Click it. This will open Disk Management.

Go to the bottom section of disk management, find the unrecognized drive.

Right click in the big space next to it and assign the drive a partition. Its possible that its called "Initialize Drive". I dont have a blank drive to check the setting name. Or maybe "Initialize Disk".

Restart PC and it should work.

Aug 19, 2020
Go to the search bar. Search for "Create and format harddisk partitions".

Click it. This will open Disk Management.

Go to the bottom section of disk management, find the unrecognized drive.

Right click in the big space next to it and assign the drive a partition. Its possible that its called "Initialize Drive". I dont have a blank drive to check the setting name.

Restart PC and it should work.
Whoops, what I meant by not recognised was that it doesnt show anywhere, here is my disk management tab (its in french sorry) and the SSD isnt there
1597832713-capture.png

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
WIth a M.2 the BIOS has it in a different place and has nothing to do with the SATA section and boot up process. You must choose M.2 to boot up and SATA drives to be disabled as far as which to boot up first. Good Luck 💯👨🏽‍🦲

Aug 19, 2020
WIth a M.2 the BIOS has it in a different place and has nothing to do with the SATA section and boot up process. You must choose M.2 to boot up and SATA drives to be disabled as far as which to boot up first. Good Luck 💯👨🏽‍🦲
I cant find anything related to M.2 on my BIOS. Any idea where I could find this?

Aug 19, 2020
Did you try to take the Samsung 970 Evo+ PCB out completely and then re-insert it again ? Try that... make sure it sits straight after the screw is tighten.. (To me, it does not look like it is straight in the picture you provided! )
yes multiple times, for me its not the problem, and its straight... samsung told me to send it back tho

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Man this is tough one Im not familiar with your BIOS but you can try to restore defaults or optimized defaults then go to HD boot order and disable them or disable HD boot up. If you can't find M.2 section and if it will boot up and what not. 🙏🏽🙉

Send it back as samsung requested.
When you install a m.2 the ssd should initially have the opposite end raised by perhaps 10 degrees.
Pushing down on the end and securing with a screw leverages up the contacts to make good contact.
If this is what you experienced, then the ssd is likely defective.
It happens on occasion to even the best of products.
In the photo, I see a bit of gold contacts.
Are you certain that you pushed the ssd in far enough before lowering it and securing the screw.

Solution