Question Samsung 970 evo plus not showed as possible boot drive after windows installation

Jan 10, 2020
Motherboard: ASUS B360-F Gaming

I've bought a new NVMe M.2 SSD "Samsung 970 EVO Plus and inserted it into the M.2 slot,
after i inserted my USB drive containing the windows installation and booted it,
I started the windows installation on my new M.2 SSD with all the other disk's fully unplugged and finished the instalation. Then i lastly i entered the bios after the instalation and cant choose my new M.2 SSD as boot drive.

Thanks.

Jan 10, 2020
Do you have "Windows Boot Manager" as an option?

Some BIOS' don't show the actual drive name for M.2, for some weird reason. But if you have a boot manager option, and the M.2 is the only drive present, then it's certainly there.
sorry
Do you have "Windows Boot Manager" as an option?

Some BIOS' don't show the actual drive name for M.2, for some weird reason. But if you have a boot manager option, and the M.2 is the only drive present, then it's certainly there.
sorry for the late reply, i actually returned the M.2 ssd temporarily to make sure i get it right the next time i buy it, but im still interested in how to make it show as a boot drive.

Do you mean windows boot manager in bios, if u do i dont have an option that says that even after i updated my bios, i only had boot option #1 and #2.

TRENDING THREADS