[SOLVED] Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME. Are there still fakes in distribution on Amazon?

ExtreamChaozZ

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
Hello,

My old Sandisk x400 256gb NVME decided to kick the bucket for some reason yesterday and after much trouble shooting and failed reinstallation of Windows 10, i have just decided to buy a new NVME SSD with more space.

After looking around i can see many people talking about the Samsung 970 Evo Plus, saying its a cut above the rest. Only issue is i see there have been lots of reports on fake products from Amazon, most of these where over a year ago but im not seeing many recent reviews.

Its currently £108 on Amazon for a 500Gb capacity. Should i take the risk? Or are there any better or similar NVME SSD you would reccommed?

Amazon Link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ...989130&sprefix=Samsung+970+evo,aps,224&sr=8-2

I will be installing a fresh windows 10 onto it and transfering all my data from the Sandisk NVME onto it.

Cheers for any advice on this.

Solution
There are always fakes for sale on Amazon, Ebay and other sites. Buying directly from a trusted seller, rather than lesser known third party sellers, is the way to avoid problems. If you buy directly from Amazon.com, Newegg.com, bhphotovideo.com and similar sellers, directly, not a 3rd party seller ON those sites, then you will avoid problems or have a guaranteed remedy in the event there IS a problem.
There are always fakes for sale on Amazon, Ebay and other sites. Buying directly from a trusted seller, rather than lesser known third party sellers, is the way to avoid problems. If you buy directly from Amazon.com, Newegg.com, bhphotovideo.com and similar sellers, directly, not a 3rd party seller ON those sites, then you will avoid problems or have a guaranteed remedy in the event there IS a problem.

Solution

ExtreamChaozZ

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
Cheers guys.

I know that Amazon is a well trusted site but i wasnt sure if there was a mass load of these fake NVME's on their site. Didnt want to end up getting a fake one and have to go through the long stress induced process of returning it.

I've placed the order now so guess ill find out tomorrow if its real or not. Then the long process of installing the OS and transfering files can begin.