Question Samsung 970 evo VERY slow speeds (a forum post is my last resort!)

Oct 26, 2019
x99 taichi
i7-5820k
rtx 2060
32 gb ddr4

I have read every single forum post located on the interweb about his issue and i have still not been able to fix it. Since my CPU only has 28 pcie lanes, i have the NVMe drive installed on the M.2_2 slot. I have windows installed on the drive and it's operational as my boot drive but in my BIOS the drive is not detected on the M.2_2 slot. I have disconnected all of my other storage devices. Read/write speeds are stupid slow. Sequential read was 3506 MB/s and write was 3025 MB/s. What gives? I have AHCI enable in the bios as well as TRIM, updated samsung drivers, and installed samsung magician software. I did a fresh windows install on this drive as well. Can anyone help with this? I have ordered a pci-e to m.2 adapter and will give that a try. I can't think of anything else.

x99 taichi
i7-5820k
rtx 2060
32 gb ddr4

I have read every single forum post located on the interweb about his issue and i have still not been able to fix it. Since my CPU only has 28 pcie lanes, i have the NVMe drive installed on the M.2_2 slot. I have windows installed on the drive and it's operational as my boot drive but in my BIOS the drive is not detected on the M.2_2 slot. I have disconnected all of my other storage devices. Read/write speeds are stupid slow. Sequential read was 3506 MB/s and write was 3025 MB/s. What gives? I have AHCI enable in the bios as well as TRIM, updated samsung drivers, and installed samsung magician software. I did a fresh windows install on this drive as well. Can anyone help with this? I have ordered a pci-e to m.2 adapter and will give that a try. I can't think of anything else.
Just which speed were you expecting ?