[SOLVED] Samsung 970 EVO vs EVO Plus vs WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
Solution
D
I went with the 970 Evo Plus... 3 of the 2TB models for my build. Even if I thought PCI 4.0 was a good deal I’d have still purchased these drives. I got them for roughly the same price ($250 each) as the 1TB 980 Pro model.

Double the storage over the “best” drive was easily the best decision. For me it came down to best bang for the buck. OP you’d be fine with either Samsung drive.
D

Deleted member 2841972

Well, the Samsung is faster in sequential reads.
Unless you're doing a lot of that, you probably won't notice any difference.
I am just a normal PC user. But I always like to buy something quality. So I would prefer to get the best one. By the way should I get EVO or EVO Plus?

D

Deleted member 2841972

Synthetic benchmarks will show the 970 EVO PLUS to be a bit faster sequentially.
As a user, you will not be able to tell the difference.
Currently, the very best would be the Samsung 980 PRO
It is really expensive in here. I already bought a 970 EVO Plus but anyway, I am just a normal user. Even a SATA 3 SSD is more than enough for me.

D

Deleted member 2838871

I went with the 970 Evo Plus... 3 of the 2TB models for my build. Even if I thought PCI 4.0 was a good deal I’d have still purchased these drives. I got them for roughly the same price ($250 each) as the 1TB 980 Pro model.

Double the storage over the “best” drive was easily the best decision. For me it came down to best bang for the buck. OP you’d be fine with either Samsung drive.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2841972

Truth is that you would hardly notice the difference between any ssd device.
Your post asked what was the best.
I mean I don't actually care about that much speed. but yeah, I would highly suggest to get a quality one with fastest speed.