[SOLVED] Samsung 970 pro does not boot.

Apr 5, 2021
First of all, I know there are similar threads, but I'm unable to find a solution even after checking every single post.

PC specs:
MB: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
Ram 16GB G.Skill
Storage:
  1. Adata Sata SSD 2.5
  2. Samsung 970 Pro m.2 (brand new from today)

What is happening is the following: When I connected the new Samsung SSD I had it visible and able to create a local disk and open it (using Windows from 1st SSD). Checked in Device manager and it appears installed. My current system is working on UEFI. CSM was enabled in UEFI mode in the BIOS. IF I keep the settings like this, used rufus to make brand new installation of Windows (on GPT) confirmed after several tries, in that situation, the installation completes, pc restarts and after that the m.2 samsung is unbootable (it appears ''Reboot and select proper Boot Device''. On the other hand, if I disable CSM in boot options I STOP seeing the Samsung drive, anyway tried to boot the usb and do a fresh install, but after it is done, there is nothing to boot again. I switched back and forth and tried all kind of combinations, updated bios, build new USB, build third usb with Microsoft media creation tool (which happen to go MBR automatically btw, but that's not the case). In several situations I tried disconnected my current Adata SSD so that only the m.2 is connected during the installation. Went into the repair tool of windows, tried to boot in safe mode, tried to rebuild the BCD (no clue what is that just followed guides from somwhere). Anyway, I had stuff to do today and actually completed nothing. Results: 0

Edit: Forgot to mention that my sata configuration is on AHCI, I saw this is important too somewhere.

In my country getting a support for tech parts is something non existing (the retailer or any other repair center will say, bring it here for repair) which obviously I won't do to a new drive that actually is detected and works when there is another drive running windows. According to Gigabyte the m.2a slot which I am using is bootable and compatible with this.

Please, tell me you can save me? I have always trusted in this forum when I had difficulties, first time posting, but I believe you are magicians! :)

Solution
Update:

Steps done:
BIOS Updated to last version
CSM ON / OFF
UEFI ONLY / Disabled
Tried with Secure boot enabled and disabled
Tried changing NVME to RAID
Confirmed Sata is AHCI setting
Swapped the SSD on to M.2B slot (same results)
Tried to plug the USB flash drive on another USBs
Made sure motherboard is compatible (both slots support PCIE SSD)
Tried using another USB flash drive to install the Windows
Tried rebuilding BCD
Tried Without any other hard drivers or SSDs installed (tried with them also just in case)
Tried making the USB flash with 2 different RUFUS version and also third time with Media Creation Tool.

Results: after first reboot when installing Windows my Samsung 970 pro is not bootable and cannot finish the...

USAFRet

Titan
When you did the OS install on the Samsung, was it the ONLY drive connected at the time?

If not, redo the install. With ONLY the Samsung connected.

Apr 5, 2021
When you did the OS install on the Samsung, was it the ONLY drive connected at the time?

If not, redo the install. With ONLY the Samsung connected.

Yes it was. Tried multiple times

Apr 5, 2021
Update:

Steps done:
BIOS Updated to last version
CSM ON / OFF
UEFI ONLY / Disabled
Tried with Secure boot enabled and disabled
Tried changing NVME to RAID
Confirmed Sata is AHCI setting
Swapped the SSD on to M.2B slot (same results)
Tried to plug the USB flash drive on another USBs
Made sure motherboard is compatible (both slots support PCIE SSD)
Tried using another USB flash drive to install the Windows
Tried rebuilding BCD
Tried Without any other hard drivers or SSDs installed (tried with them also just in case)
Tried making the USB flash with 2 different RUFUS version and also third time with Media Creation Tool.

Results: after first reboot when installing Windows my Samsung 970 pro is not bootable and cannot finish the installation or boot the windows.

Conclusion I m returning it as this takes too much time and work to be resolved. When they fix the M.2 stability, I will buy one again.

Solution