Question Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe adapter for x99 mobo in Alienware A51-R2

Rhaegyn

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

I was bought a Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD for a gift but the only M.2 slot in the A51-R2 is occupied by the wireless card, thus I'm looking for the best performance adapter to install the SSD on my A51-R2 system that uses a custom x99 mobo.

Because I'm new to these adapters, and want to be sure I get exact the right one, would anyone be so kind as to assist me with direct links to the very best performing adapters available that will allow me to install my 970 pro M.2 NVMe SSD in my A51-R2 system without reducing any performance or features of the drive? In reviewing some posts about it, I notice there are adapters made by brands that I don't recognize (which makes me a bit nervous as I cannot be sure how they will perform), and I want to be sure that I get exactly the correct one that will not reduce performance of the drive at all, from a reputable brand. Currently, I'm leaning towards a few ASUS adapters that seem to be similar to those in the Dell threads, but I'm unsure of which are best to get.

Thanks so much in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.