Question Samsung 980 M.2 500gb SSD disconnects randomly ?

Tenz

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone My Current config is:

Ryzen 2600x
Asus Gtx 970
Crucial 2x8gb 3600Mhz
Samsung sata SSD 250gb
AeroCool KCAS 500w
Gigabyte b450m gaming
x3 chassis fans
huge Cpu fan

So here’s the issue: Before I bought Samsung 980 nvme everything was running well. Then when i bought and connect everything seemed well as well. I was running It Takes Two and had no issues. Afterward, when i started to run more complicated games on it it started to glitch (games textures won't load properly, infinite loading screens) after about 20-30 minutes of gameplay or at certain moments of the game. After such glitches game won't launch and SSD just disappears from “this pc” or any utility program. I’ve tried to update mobo’s firmware, uninstalled ssd drivers and downloaded it via Samsung Magician and it just keeps being like this.

My current guess is that the psu seems to be too old (more than 5 years old) and too weak for such a setup. Also another thing - when i have unboxed SSD stick i have noticed some type of debris/scratch on the golden contacts that go inside mobo’s nvme slot. But since it ran when i installed ssd stick i thought it wouldn’t cause any issues. Temperatures are fine, the firmware of everything is up to date. Any other guesses from you guys? 😕

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU and the GPU in your build? If I were you, I'd have sourced a 650W PSU to have headroom and not leave room for doubt(and possibly this thread). Is the Samsung SSD used as a game library drive or a replacement for a prior OS drive?

My current guess is that the psu seems to be too old (more than 5 years old)
That's the first place I'd start...

Might want to contact your seller to let them know that the drive might've been used prior to installing(likely a returned product).

Tenz

Reputable
Mar 15, 2017
How old is the PSU and the GPU in your build? If I were you, I'd have sourced a 650W PSU to have headroom and not leave room for doubt(and possibly this thread). Is the Samsung SSD used as a game library drive or a replacement for a prior OS drive?

My current guess is that the psu seems to be too old (more than 5 years old)
That's the first place I'd start...

Might want to contact your seller to let them know that the drive might've been used prior to installing(likely a returned product).

Gpu was bought long time ago but it runs well.
sata ssd is being used as OS disc and new problematic Samsung m2 980 is used for games and downloads only